Inspire, Empower and Spark
Ivy league instructor education for individuals who want to become pilates instructors or seek to further their pilates education. As a Licensed Training Center for Merrithew®, we offer STOTT PILATES® Intensive and Rehab courses, ZEN•GA®, Functional Anatomy, and other movement based education courses. We offer a year-round schedule of courses, workshops, exams and Instructor Trainer review opportunities.
STOTT PILATES® Instructor Training and Certification
Inspire Health, the premier pilates studio in Buckhead, is the only certified STOTT PILATES® center and teacher training studio in Atlanta. Our signature STOTT PILATES® education method is unparalleled in the industry for its thoroughness and excellence. We support new instructors, current students, and Certified Instructors throughout the different phases of a STOTT PILATES® Instructor career.
Sharpen your knowledge, expertise, and expand your client base with a contemporary Pilates class agenda. You’ll be taught by experienced Instructor Trainers who provide mentorship and support at every step of the way. Our staff facilitate an excellent education experience, enabling you to become a pilates professional and part of an elite group of certified fitness professionals.
I was recommended to visit for physical therapy after recovering from surgery, they were very professional with regards to comfort and informed consent. After just the first visit I felt very confident in the progress made and for future visits.
– Dai K –
Start Your STOTT PILATES®
Training Near You
Prerequisites for starting STOTT PILATES® Intensive Program:
- Good working knowledge of functional anatomy, such as a college-level anatomy course *or have taken STOTT PILATES® Functional Anatomy course offered at Inspire Health or another Merrithew™ Licenced Training Center
- Previous experience teaching movement or fitness
- Minimum of 30 hours participation in Pilates classes/workouts (any method)
If you need more advice on your decision to become a STOTT PILATES® instructor and would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with a STOTT PILATES® Instructor Trainer, please complete this form and note “career consultation” in a comment box. You’ll be contacted within one business day to schedule a meeting.
- Decide if you are taking Intensive Mat Plus or Intensive Reformer to start your education. Refer to the Merrithew™ website for more detailed information on course content details.
- Complete the application (Download Application) and send it along with two letters of recommendation and resume to [email protected]
- Register for the course, find tuition rates, dates, and details for each course by emailing [email protected] or call 404.605.9091
Inspire Health offers Skype or FaceTime with the Instructor Trainer, for both your IT Review sessions and in-person sessions at Inspire Health.
Virtual meetings for those who live at a distance are pending if the student has access to appropriate equipment, a suitable environment, and the technology to support virtual meetings.
Continue your STOTT PILATES® Intensive Program Training by registering for our courses and workshops and getting exam assistance.
- Register for Level I and II Intensive Courses
- Add to your repertoire while you are working on your Certification with Workshops.
- Prepare for your Certification Exam with us (you can observe in the studio by scheduling an observation time with us)
- Schedule an Instructor Trainer Review Session
- Rent equipment for self review
- Schedule a Mock Exam
- Take an Exam Prep Workshop offered periodically throughout the year
Certified STOTT PILATES® Instructor Continuing Education And Workshops
Maintain your Certification by taking your CEC’s with us. View our schedule for workshops held in Atlanta, Nashville, and the Southeast US.
Achieve Specialist designation and take your Certification to the next level. Here’s how…
Take eight workshops in any of the following categories:
- Athletic Conditioning
- Golf Conditioning
- Post Rehabilitation Conditioning
- Active for Life
- Pre & Post Natal
- Group Matwork
- Group Equipment
Enroll in Injury and Special Populations to equip yourself with the knowledge required to address your clients’ broad range of physical challenges.
Completion of ISP is required for full STOTT PILATES® Certification.
Refresh and review with an Instructor Trainer Review session. (Schedule this session conveniently online.)
Contact us if you are interested in bringing STOTT PILATES workshops to your studio by emailing Terese Thomas at [email protected].
STOTT PILATES® Rehab
The Rehabilitation program is specifically for licensed healthcare professionals wishing to integrate modified STOTT PILATES® exercises for injury prevention and rehabilitation into their practices.
Therapists learn a systematic movement-based approach to neuromuscular re-education. They’re taught to observe and understand optimal and non-optimal movement strategies and how they correlate with pain and pathology. Neuromotor training principles guide the therapeutic exercise selection and progressions. Participants also learn how to facilitate the patient’s cognitive involvement in rehabilitation by using tactile facilitation techniques.
Inspire Health offers the following courses in the STOTT PILATES ® Rehab track of education:
- Rehab Reformer 1: Spinal, Pelvic & Scapular Stabilization
- Rehab Reformer 2: Peripheral Joint Stabilization
- Rehab Mat 1: Spinal, Pelvic & Scapular Stabilization
- Rehab Mat 2: Peripheral Joint Stabilization
All courses are taught by Sara Baker PT, MSPT, OCS, STOTT PILATES ® Rehab Instructor Trainer. For questions regarding the Rehab Courses and Application Process, please email [email protected].
Get more from your movement rehabilitation center with a diverse group of experienced health professionals at Inspire Health. Connect with Inspire Health for a consultation.